Submit your résumé to: email@example.com
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the COO is responsible for overseeing and managing the internal affairs of the organization, overseeing and managing existing and new programs. The COO manages day-to-day operations of the organization, ensures the quality of work and that the staff and organization attain their goals.
The candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and have experience managing many facets of an organization. The COO assists in enhancing organizational effectiveness and integrity. The COO provides strong and effective leadership by defining operational expectations, monitoring progress in achieving those expectations, fostering a work environment supportive of organizational accomplishments and individual growth, and evaluating the annual performance of all employees. The COO provides the CEO with strategic insight into critical areas of operations.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
● Collaborate with the CEO and the senior management team to oversee the current strategic plan and lead the future strategic planning process for OEF and CTI;
● Support the CEO in forging strategic partnerships with stakeholders and manage relationships;
● Assess, review and oversee the strategic plan and make recommendations where appropriate;
● Oversee the day to day operational and administrative functions of OEF and CTI; (all chiefs/ department heads and senior managers will report to the COO);
● Provide operational and other special and/or programmatic reports to the Board in addition to any other reports as may be delegated by the CEO or necessary to the wellbeing of the organization.
● Work closely and consult with the CEO and Development team as needed to support the alignment of programs and funding opportunities;
● Collaborate with and advise the senior management team on their development and implementation of plans for operational processes in their respective departments, internal infrastructures, and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitability, and efficiency with the organization;
● Partner with the senior management team in effective Board support and reporting, including planning for and participating in regular Board meetings and committee meetings;
● Lead, supervise and collaborate with senior management as needed in the design of appropriate systems and internal controls throughout the organization to identify and mitigate business, financial and other risks;
● Provide input and support in relation to advice received on the optimal governance and organization structure for CTI and OEF;
● Serve as the internal leader of the organization, provide for all staff a strong day-to-day leadership presence;
● Provide advice, coaching and support for workflow processes to improve efficiency and to maximize financial and human capital resources;
● Oversee the Finance Department;
● Provide accurate and timely reports on the operating conditions of the organization;
● Lead the senior management team and Consultants to encourage maximum performance and dedication;
● Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals for the organization
● Motivate and encourage employees at all levels as one of the key leaders in the organization;
● Foster a growth-oriented and positive environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies and procedures;
● Assist in the planning and execution of annual staff retreats to increase integration, support organizational goals and build team orientation;
● Cultivate the culture and values of the organization;
● Any related duties as assigned by the CEO. Reports to Chief Executive Officer One Eleuthera Foundation (OEF) and Center for Training and Innovation (CTI);
Tertiary level degree in business or related field; Master’s Degree is a plus;
At least five (5) years relevant work experience and a relevant college degree. Experience and proven skills in managing diverse teams with maximized productivity and efficiency.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
● Proven experience as Chief Operating Officer or a relevant role;
● Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
● Experience in fundraising will be a plus;
● Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills;
● Outstanding leadership and organizational skills;
● Teaching and training experience will be plus
● Ability to be open and flexible to new ways of working with diverse communities.
● Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks
● Ability to work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment.
● Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.